Thank you for your interest in a career at Pospiech Contracting, Inc.
After 60 days of full-time employment, we offer the following Employee Benefits:
Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance
Guardian Life Insurance includes: Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Hospital Indemnity,
& Accident Indemnity
401K (After 1 Year)
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
Competitive salaries commensurate with experience
O P E N P O S I T I O N S :
Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic
We are currently seeking full-time Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic in the Parrish, FL area.
CDL Class B Preferred
Looking for someone that has experience with:
• John Deer
• Hydraulic engines
• Automotive electrical
We are currently seeking full-time Construction Laborers for long term development and utility projects located in Cape Coral, FL.
All applicants interested in becoming a Laborer will provide help and assistance to skilled workmen so that their work flows more smoothly. Jobs ranging from: manual excavator operation, lifting, loading/unloading, carrying or retrieving tools, removing forms from set concrete, pipe work assistance, cleaning and site preparation. An individual that is willing to take direction and learn about the tools, equipment and materials in front of him rapidly moves up from the Laborer classification to that of skilled pipe layer.
We are currently seeking full-time Pipe Crew Laborers for long term development and utility projects located in Cape Coral, FL
Essential duties & responsibilities:
• Align and position pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing
• Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers
• Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment, cement, or glue
• Cover pipes with earth or other materials
• Cut pipes to required lengths
• Dig trenches to desired or required depths, by hand or using trenching tools
• Grade and level trench bases, using tamping machines and hand tools
• Install and repair sanitary and storm water sewer structures and pipe systems
• Lay out pipe routes, following written instructions or blueprints, and coordinating layouts with supervisors
• Locate existing pipes needing repair or replacement, using magnetic or radio indicators
• Tap and drill holes into pipes to introduce auxiliary lines or devices
• Install and use instruments such as lasers, grade rods, and transit levels.
Construction Project Manager
We are currently looking to fill two full-time positions.
Definition: Under direction of Vice President of Operations, takes full responsibility for the planning, organizing, procurement, directing and reporting for projects assigned.
Location: Our home office is located in Inverness, FL. Project Managers are assigned company vehicles and expected to visit the jobsites frequently. Project Managers, who are located central to our work- such as the greater Orlando, Tampa, or Sarasota areas- may opt to work from home, visiting the jobsites as needed and only commuting to the home office for important meetings.
Example of Duties:
• Accepts full responsibility for projects assigned at project hand-off meeting.
• Familiarizes himself with all aspects of the project.
• Negotiates all purchases and subcontracts.
• Routinely meets with Project Superintendent with the purpose of reviewing and concurring with the plan for executing the project.
• Maintains the project schedule.
• Represents the company to the owner and attends all project meetings.
• Maintains good working relationship with the owner.
• Works with the Owners representative in obtaining approval for materials incorporated into the project as required by the contract documents.
• Schedules and coordinates all subcontractors and material deliveries.
• Recognizes deviations from the contract documents and timely notifies the owner.
• Prepares and negotiates all changes to the contract.
• Prepares pay applications and follows them through the approval process.
• Tracks productivity and prepares monthly cost reports.
• Approves all project purchases.
• Supports the Project Superintendent in building the project.
• Oversees closeout of the project- substantial & final completion requests, owner-required paperwork, punch-lists & final walk-thru, as-built review and submission.
• Completes all aspects of the contract to assure final payment.
• Familiar with applicable OSHA sections and completes job-site safety inspections.
• Sufficient education and/or experience to read plans and specifications, interpreting their meaning and assuring that they are not deviated from without owner’s approval.
• Possesses ability to interact in a clear and logical manner, verbally and in writing with peers, subordinates, senior management, engineers, inspectors, the community and the owner.
• Sufficient technological skills to communicate, interact and extract information from all company systems.
• Exhibits leadership skills to inspire all associates working on assigned projects to provide the best project possible in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
Knowledge of: Means and methods to construct civil infrastructure for both the private and public sectors.
Technical skills: Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook & Project (or other scheduling software) required. Working knowledge of HCSS HeavyJob & HeavyBid; and Bluebeam Revu a plus.
Ability to: Estimate needs and coordinate materials, labor and equipment; maintain effective working relationships; maintain records and prepare reports; plan, assign and review work of staff; and learn and apply principles of supervision, including staff evaluation and discipline.
Job Type: Full-time
Updated September 25, 2018
Pospiech Contracting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace