Thank you for your interest in a career at Pospiech Contracting, Inc.
After 60 days of full-time employment, we offer the following Employee Benefits:
Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance
Guardian Life Insurance includes: Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Hospital Indemnity,
& Accident Indemnity
401K (After 1 Year)
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
Competitive salaries commensurate with experience.
O P E N P O S I T I O N S:
Welder and Body Mechanic
We are currently seeking full-time Welder and Body Mechanic in our Inverness, FL shop
Example of Duties:
- Performs structural repair on vehicles and construction equipment
- Responsible for equipment upkeep
- Entrusted with the fabrication of metal components
- Improves structural design and integrity
- Interprets factory diagrams
- Knowledgeable with equipment and technical manuals
- Fluent in the interpretation of blueprints and sketches
- Complies with safety regulations
- Attention to Detail: Welders need to make clean lines and cuts when welding. Paying attention to the job at hand is necessary.
- Dexterity: welders work with their hands, and need to be steady during the welding process.
- Strength: welders often need to lift or hold heavy pieces of metal in place while welding.
- Stamina: welders can expect long hours on their feet, often in hot conditions.
- Technical Skills: Welding equipment requires technical knowhow, as does reading blueprints and understanding how the final product should look.
- Troubleshooting Skills: Welders should see flaws in welds or structural imperfections in the metal.
- Good Vision: Keeping a steady eye on the weld as it takes form requires good vision.
Construction Project Manager
Definition: Under direction of Vice President of Operations, takes full responsibility for the planning, organizing, procurement, directing and reporting for projects assigned.
Location: Our home office is located in Inverness, FL. Project Managers are assigned company vehicles and expected to visit the jobsites frequently. Project Managers, who are located central to our work- such as the greater Orlando, Tampa, or Sarasota areas- may opt to work from home, visiting the jobsites as needed and only commuting to the home office for important meetings.
Example of Duties:
- Accepts full responsibility for projects assigned at project handoff meeting.
- Familiarizes himself with all aspects of the project.
- Negotiates all purchases and subcontracts.
- Routinely meets with Project Superintendent with the purpose of reviewing and concurring with the plan for executing the project.
- Maintains the project schedule.
- Represents the company to the owner and attends all project meetings.
- Maintains good working relationship with the owner.
- Works with the Owners representative in obtaining approval for materials incorporated into the project as required by the contract documents.
- Schedules and coordinates all subcontractors and material deliveries.
- Recognizes deviations from the contract documents and timely notifies the owner.
- Prepares and negotiates all changes to the contract.
- Prepares pay applications and follows them through the approval process.
- Tracks productivity and prepares monthly cost reports.
- Approves all project purchases.
- Supports the Project Superintendent in building the project.
- Oversees closeout of the project- substantial & final completion requests, owner-required paperwork, punchlists & final walk-thrus, as-built review and submission.
- Completes all aspects of the contract to assure final payment.
- Familiar with applicable OSHA sections and completes jobsite safety inspections.
- Sufficient education and/or experience to read plans and specifications, interpreting their meaning and assuring that they are not deviated from without owner’s approval.
- Possesses ability to interact in a clear and logical manner, verbally and in writing with peers, subordinates, senior management, engineers, inspectors, the community and the owner.
- Sufficient technological skills to communicate, interact and extract information from all company systems.
- Exhibits leadership skills to inspire all associates working on assigned projects to provide the best project possible in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
Knowledge of: Means and methods to construct civil infrastructure for both the private and public sectors.
Ability to: Estimate needs and coordinate materials, labor and equipment; maintain effective working relationships; maintain records and prepare reports; plan, assign and review work of staff; and learn and apply principles of supervision, including staff evaluation and discipline.
Technical skills: Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook & Project (or other scheduling software) required. Working knowledge of HCSS HeavyJob & HeavyBid; and Bluebeam Revu a plus.
Updated January 9, 2019
Pospiech Contracting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace